Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Worries with the Storm

The last couple of days headlines have been plastered with dangerous blizzard and severe storm warnings and as a result businesses closed early (including the Huntsman Institute and government offices), classes were cancelled, and basically the entire city shut down before the storm hit. Does Target shut down? NO! If you ever find yourself in the middle of a natural disaster and need some furniture or hand towels...don't worry because we will still be open. In fact when I called in to find out if we were going to close early the store manager said it would take "an act of god" for us to close early. It didn't matter we had 10 customers in 6 hours and the store was losing a ton of money. One of the customers we had was high off his rocker and thought he was in Idaho... he got very angry and yelled profanities at me for telling him he was in Salt Lake City, Utah. I guess it made him so confused he had to go smoke some more (in our store) and I had to call the police. Oh the things that happen at Target.
Not even close to how bad the roads were at midnight...no tire tracks at all!
Anyways, I was so lucky that I had to be to work at the beginning of the storm and leave after the roads had been covered in snow and ice. Jeff was so worried he texted me constantly making sure I was going to be alright and made me promise that if the roads were really bad to have him come pick me up. He was so concerned and really sweet of him. I knew he would be exhausted from working a 12 hour shift and having to get up early for another shift the next morning, so I didn't want him driving groggy in the middle of the night. Fortunately, no one is on the roads at midnight and I was pretty much able to drive home down the middle of the freeway. (FYI snowplows failed at their job last night.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting!