Sunday, November 28, 2010

Giving Thanks

I had planned to write on the blog after all of our family events this Thanksgiving weekend. I spent Thanksgiving morning visiting with my grandma and uncle and then went out to my cousin's house to see them. Jeff and I had Thanksgiving dinner with Jeff's family. His grandma flew in from Hawaii and his cousins all came over. It was an amazing feast. We ended the night playing wii and talking; all in all a great day.

The Moosman family always does Thanksgiving over the weekend, so we can have as many people there as possible and no one has to fight with which family to go to. This year it was planned to be on Sunday (since the Holy War was to be played Saturday afternoon). Unfortunately, the blizzard came late and we were unable to make the dangerous drive to Utah County. I was so excited to see everyone and was very disappointed by this evil storm. We'll see them all for Christmas in a couple weeks though...blizzard or not.

This weekend has really made us realize all that we have to be thankful for and remembering them helps us get through hard times. My mom and I are in the process of moving into an upstairs apartment at my grandma's house. There have been a series of gang related burglaries in her neighborhood and she is scared and lonely. Since Jeff and I are planning on getting married this is the perfect solution to help out my grandma and my mom. I have been worried what would happen to my mom after I moved out. Knowing that we were moving out in the middle of winter and with snow storms every other day we had so many people offering to help us move. It really makes you know who cares about you.

Jeff and I are so thankful for the Foster family. Danielle and I met in 7th grade Algebra and have been friends ever since. Thinking back to all our great memories through school and our friendship. I know we will be friends for life. She is like a sister to me and I hope she knows how much she means to me. The Fosters have always made us feel a part of their family. They are great examples to us on how we want to raise our family and treat others around us. Dan and Kelly are wonderful parents and are always giving us great advice and support in our relationship. They have such a great testimony of the gospel. Dan baptized me and I know they will be with us when we get sealed together in the temple. I wouldn't want it any other way.

There are so many things I am thankful for that it would take too long to mention. I do want to say that I am so thankful for my friends and family, but especially my mom and Jeff. My mom has raised me basically on her own since I was a baby and I know it hasn't been easy and she has had to make a lot of sacrifices. I want her to know that I really appreciate everything she has ever done for me and for everything I know she will do for me. I know when I am a new mother I will be leaning on her for support and strength. I know there will be many calls to her in the middle of the night and she will always be there for me. I love her and she is the best mom.  In the last 6 years we have been through so many ups in downs, but he is always there to support and care for me. He is the only person who can make me smile when I'm at my lowest. He is the first person I call when I have good or bad news. I don't know what I would do without him in my life. I can't wait for us to be sealed together in the temple, start a family, and just grow old together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting!