Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Real Life Love Story

As a little girl I was obsessed with the Disney princess movies, particularly Beauty and the Beast. I was always dressed up in costumes and for well over a year I would not answer to any name but Belle. I dreamed that when I was older that some prince charming would come by and sweep me off my feet; then we would ride off into the sunset and live happily ever after. As I got older I came to understand that I would never be a real princess and that the Disney and fairytale stories I grew up listening to were stories that didn't really happen. 

I still love the princess movies and really any Disney movie today, but I have grown to love the romantic movies, aka "chick flicks." I never stopped dreaming about the day my own real love story would begin. I always kind of envied the woman in the movies, because everything always fixed itself and life was perfect when she found love.  I was watching When in Rome the other day and came to realize I no longer watch movies and dream of what will come and envy the woman in the story. I know now that my love story has just begun (6 years ago, ha) and we are working towards our own happily ever after. I honestly couldn't imagine being more in love than I am right now, but as each day goes by I am surprised how much more it grows. I can't wait to be married and continue this real life love story.

P.S What is it little boys think about? Do they ever dream about how life will be like when they are married are they completely enthralled in trucks and bugs?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting!