Friday, December 17, 2010

Day 15: Before You Die



We desperately want to go to Italy. If the chance came I'd probably even just move there. We love the history, the culture, the architecture, and basically everything about Italy. Jeff and I really wanted to go on a cruise that stopped all over Italy or even just go there for our honeymoon. It would have been a reality since staying there (hotel wise) was the same anywhere for me (mom's employee discount), but unfortunately to fly there is OUTRAGEOUS!!!! So we continue to dream. I have to say how jealous I am of Jeff's older sister Cathy and her new husband. They are moving to Italy in the next couple months. I'm sure it will be a great adventure for the newlyweds. We wish them the best of luck. 
Jeff is a daredevil and absolutely fearless. Somewhere towards the top of his list of things to do before he dies is skydiving. I on the other hand have lost my fearlessness that I used to have as a kid and also have developed a fear of falling along the way. Jeff thinks we will both be risking our lives by jumping out of a plane...but I don't think there is a force strong enough that could get me to do it. 






I have an obsession with New York City. No idea where it came from. I have dreamed my entire life of going to New York at Christmas time...to combine my other obsession of Christmas. Even though I have a major country family I am a city girl. I don't mind the traffic or the constant busy atmosphere. I strive on it. I tell Jeff all the time that I want to pick up and move to New York at least for a year, probably never happen since he doesn't share my love for New York or city life. I don't know there is just something about New York at Christmas time that makes me excited and fall in love. I must say look at the picture of Central park covered in snow with the horse drawn carriage, wouldn't that just be amazing?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katie! I'm an artist in New Mexico. I love some of your New York shots. Would it be alright if I used a few of your photos as subject matter in my painting? (PS: my husband is a Jeffrey too)
    Katie Johnson
    http://www.katiejohnsonnmartist.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Commenting!