Friday, May 13, 2011

Mother's Day

We had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. Jeff had to work for most of the day, so that might not have been so wonderful, but I got to spend a good chunk of the day with my Moosman family. I am so lucky that my mom and my dad's side of the family are close and still hang out to this day; weird concept for most separated parents. Last week I got a text from my aunt saying that they were going to have a Mother's Day brunch at her house and to bring my mom with me. So we went!

It was so much fun to sit and talk to everyone and meet all the new babies I hadn't seen yet. They are so so sweet and precious. I'm so happy for all my cousins to be starting their new families. My grandma told me these baby makes 43 GREAT grandchildren and 1 GREAT GREAT grandchild. Can you believe that!? Crazy. We found out that my cousin Chelsea is now 3 months pregnant and expecting her first child! Congratulations Mason and Chelsea you will be wonderful parents!

We ate and chatted for hours with everyone. Then all the talk about babies started another activity somehow... Baby Gender Predicting. Oh goodness. All the girls got together and with a long thing of floss did a test to see what gender and how many babies you would have. Basically you put your wedding ring on the string and then someone holds it above your palm and if it starts to rock back and forth its a boy and if its in a circle a girl. Pretty simple, not very scientific. But if you looked at all the faces watching each girl do it, you'd think it was a life changing and most accurate thing in the world. I love my family and enjoy spending as much time with them as I can.

I spent the rest of the afternoon with my mom and grandma just hanging out in the living room. Then that night I went to Jeff's house to celebrate with them. We had an amazing dinner and tried some swiss chard (not anyone's favorite, but fun to try). Then we opened presents and just sat and talked. I love days I don't have to do anything, but spend time with those we love. Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting!