Saturday, May 26, 2012

First Bike Ride in 10 Years

Last year Jeff's parents got him a bike for his birthday. 
Ever since then we have talked about me getting a bike so we could ride together. 
Honestly, it had been so long since I have even been on a bike
I was a little scared that I'd forgot how to ride. 
Not to mention the last time I was on a bike...
I crashed. HARD.
Mainly because the bikes back breaks weren't working and my friend failed to share that info
Either way as part of my new get fit process
I got a bike!
The only problem is the one I wanted is pretty tall. Taller than my husbands bike...
With the seat at its lowest point I am ready to go
Jeff and I went on our first bike ride
We rode from our house to Utah Lake and back
I didn't know how far we went and thought it was about 3 miles round trip.
Turns out it's about 4.7 miles round trip
I know that doesn't seem like a lot on a bike
But for that being my first major workout. 
I'm pretty proud.

It wasn't too bad for the first part of the ride. 
Once we started to head back I started to feel the ride. 
My legs were tired and I was exhausted
There was a point I thought I wasn't going to make it home
and that I had reached too far for our first ride
I made it and after my legs felt like rubber
But it was a great feeling.

Can't wait for our next bike ride! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting!