Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Our Holiday Season Breakdown...a little late

I absolutely love the holidays despite how crazy and busy they are. Jeff and I tried to plan our "plan of attack" out, but like life it didn't work out how we planned. First of all I was extremely sick and exhausted the whole week of Christmas. I didn't want to get out of bed or talk or do anything for that matter. It really sucked. However, it was a wonderful Christmas weekend.

Sunday before Christmas (and before I got sick) was the Moosman's Santa Christmas party. We all got together at a cute little building we had to rent out (proof there is a mob of us). It was great to see everyone and visit. I love getting together with them and seeing all the new faces that seem to appear between each gathering. I got to see Cassidi's baby for the first time and she is so so adorable and sweet. I can't wait for all the baby's that are still to be born in the next couple days...to months. Congratulations to all.

Thursday was Jeff's oldest sister's wedding reception held at Biaggi's Italian Restaurant. It was a small intimate gathering of their closest friends and family. It was a great night and I was so glad to meet Cathy and Lene.

Christmas Eve was pretty quiet, because the Longson Family Christmas Eve party was canceled. It is sad to see traditions we have had our whole lives evaporate, but that is what happens as the children get older and get married. Its hard to get families together when your family grows apart.

Christmas Day I had planned to split my time between all my families like I have in the past. However, scheduling conflicts intervened. Between trying to keep going and being sick it was an exhausting day. I didn't make it out to Utah County to see my family (and my dad) till a couple days later. The winter storm didn't help either. Christmas night we had dinner at Jeff's home with his family, cousins, and the missionaries. It was wonderful dinner and full of laughs. After everyone left Jeff's immediate family and I decided to play a game. The game of choice was called Things; basically each turn someone draws a card, like "things you shouldn't say to your kids," then everyone rights down their response and the person who drew the card reads them out loud twice. Then everyone (except the person who drew) goes around and tries to guess who wrote each response, if someone guess what you said right then you are out. Last one standing wins the round and the one with the most points wins the entire game. It was a ton of fun and hilarious to see who said what. Poor Jeff didn't do very well, I know him so well I got him out pretty much every round. (Sorry babe.) After the game we all watched Despicable Me. It was a great night and I can't wait for years to come. Plus I'll be better at bringing a camera and taking pictures of what is going on....I still suck at that.

During Christmas we get a lot of presents and I wanted to brag a little bit. Jeff and David both got scuba and scuba lessons to take together. Jeff was so so excited and has ALWAYS said how much he wanted to be scuba certified. Now for sure where we decided to go on our honeymoon will revolve around the ability for him to scuba dive. Nerd. My mom gave Jeff and I a 40" flat screen LCD TV for when we get married. It was very generous of her. Jeff is hard to get away from the TV though. Jeff and I together bought a nice Sony Bluray and about 10 different movies for it. We got a lot of Ute gear and some things for when we're married (including enough money for my KITCHEN AID!!!!). The most generous and sweetest gift I received was from Jeff's mom. On the outside of the package was a little note explaining it significance. It was a picture book called A Christmas Dress for Ellen. It a beautifully illustrated book that is retold by Thomas S. Monson. If you have not read it I highly recommend it for your the Christmas season.  Linda said since she was my age she had collected picture books and wanted to share that with me. It meant a lot to me she would want to share a personal thing with me and I hope to continue the tradition for years to come.

Finally, New Year's Eve we spent with the Foster Family playing Bunco, as we have for years. It was a little bit crazy and hard to play consecutive rounds with everyone. However, it was a lot of fun and a great way to start the New Year. I am so excited for this year and it is already turning out to be a great year. Jeff and I have really started working towards our wedding and have gotten a lot accomplished already. I will tell more at a later date. Happy New Year's and hope it is a wonderful year for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting!